Your access to and use of this site is subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws. By accessing and using this site, you expressly accept the following terms and conditions, without limitation or qualification.
The contents of these terms and conditions may be altered from time to time. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions stated herein on a regular basis.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you agree to keep your access details (username and password) confidential and accept full responsibility for all the activities that take place under your user account. You are not permitted to allow other people to use your account details.
The scheme holds the right to refuse providing any services to you if you are unable to verify information which you previously provided to us.
It is in your best interest to keep all your personal information up to date and accurate. You further guarantee that any information provided by you on this site will be true, accurate and up to date.
WCMAS and its representatives (e.g., third party administrator, managed care organisation, etc.) will have access to your personal information and that of your dependants, which includes children subject to parental control in terms of the law. WCMAS will keep all such information confidential and will only disclose the personal information to its representatives and other third parties, if required for the assessment and payment of benefits, collection of monies owed by the member or service providers to WCMAS or as otherwise authorised in terms of the law.
The personal information will be collected and processed by WCMAS and its representatives for the purpose of assessment and processing of application for membership, underwriting, determination of benefit entitlements, provision of medical scheme benefits, assessment of claims, reimbursement of claims, risk management, collection of monies owed to WCMAS, compliance with the Medical Schemes Act and the registered rules of WCMAS and any related matters.
Unless otherwise stated, the contents of this site including, but not limited to, the text and images contained herein and their arrangement are property of WCMAS or its subsidiaries and associated companies. All trademarks used or referred to in this website are the property of its respective owners.
Links on this site may lead to services or sites not operated by WCMAS. No judgement or warranty is made with respect to such other services or sites and WCMAS takes not responsibility for such other sites or services. A link to another site or service is not an endorsement of that site or service. Any use you make of a site or service linked to by this site is at your own risk.
This site and its contents are provided "as is" and Witbank Coalfields Medical Aid Scheme makes no representation or warranty of any kind with respect to this site or any site or service accessible through this site.
WCMAS will never require you to respond to an e-mail or to click on links to verify or update personal information. In the event of you receiving e-mails as such, we strongly recommend that you do not respond as it may be sent by a “phisher” or a “spoofer”
Personal information - defined in the PoPI Act as information relating to an identifiable living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to:
- Information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person.
- Information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person.
- Any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person.
- The biometric information of the person.
- The personal opinions, views or preferences of the person.
- Correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence.
- The views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- The name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
PoPI - Protection of Personal Information Act
Scheme / the scheme - Witbank Coalfields Medical Aid Scheme or abbreviated as WCMAS
Subsidiaries and associated companies of WCMAS - Mpumalanga Managed Healthcare (Pty) Ltd ; Witbank Coalfields Investments (Pty) Ltd